So, I went to the cardiologist yesterday. Cody and I both felt like we didn't know anymore when we left there than we did when we walked in, except that my condition is nothing too serious. The report from my echo came back and it indicated that I have both mitral valve and tricuspid valve regurgitation, which basically means they are leaky and don't close completely. But, they are both mild and nothing will be done about that for now. One other thing he mentioned was I have diastolic dysfunction which I took to mean that the main valve doesn't relax completely and as a result gets thicker. Again, minor, so no fixing that either.
The one thing he said that did freak me out was that on the EKG, one of my heartbeats did a weird thing that could be an indication of Parkinsons Disease. But, he didn't want to talk anymore than that until we figure out if it's for sure that because treatment for Parkinsons is very complex. We also figured out why the medicine I was put on last week hasn't been working. I've been taking it at night because it makes me groggy. Well, apparently it only lasts for 12 hours, so if I take it at night, it's only working while I'm sleeping and then during the day I'm getting no help. So, I have to switch and start taking it in the morning.
And, sometime in the next few days, there will be a guy coming to my house to hook me up to a 24-hour holter monitor. It's a tape recording of my heartbeat. The Dr wants to see exactly what my heart does when I have my "episodes", and that will allow him to do that. Then, on Nov. 18, I have to go back to his office for a "walking stress echocardiogram". It's a repeat echo but I'll be walking on a treadmill while he's looking at the ultrasound.
OH!!! And I have to give up caffeine which is going to feel like the end of the world for me! He wants to make sure that when my heart races that it's not because I have caffeine in my system.
So, that's what's happened so far. I can't even explain how relieved I am to know it's nothing major. I joked with Cody and told him he can't get rid of me that easy...He's going to have to live with me for a long, long time! He has been so awesome, making sure I'm not overdoing it and has just been so sweet to me! (If I didn't know better, I would think that he really loves me and was worried about me :) !) He even got mad at me for pulling weeds and ordered me back into the house! LOL!
Thanks again for all the concern. I've been amazed at all the love and support I've gotten in the last week! I love you all!
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago

2 comments:
That is good it is nothing serious. I am glad you will be around for a long, long time. lol pulling weeds you've got to be kidding I told you to take it easy. Love ya glad to hear
Brit-
I didn't even know you were having problems. I am so glad to hear that it is nothing serious. Take it easy.. I know this is easier said than done....
Post a Comment