This is one of my most favorite soups, and since we'll be getting our first snow of the season this weekend (according to Marti Skold on Channel 4), I will be making it!...Credit goes to my sister Michelle...she made it for Maycie's blessing day and it was the first soup to disappear!
Chicken and Rice Soup
12 C. Water
2 Boxes Rice-a-Roni Long grain & Wild Rice ( and seasoning)
2 Pkgs. DRY chicken noodle soup (Lipton)
Mix those ingredients and boil 10 mins.
Add your desired amount of carrots, celery, and onion. (If you don't like the texture of onion, then puree it or something, but DO NOT leave it out. It will not taste as good.)
Boil another 10 mins.
Add 4 cans cream of chicken soup and cooked chicken. (I usually boil 4 or 5 chicken breasts then just cut it up)
Let heat until it's hot and steamy.
SO GOOD! A very yummy comfort food!
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago

3 comments:
So this is SOOO YUMMY! But we all knew that because it is Brits recommendations right??? My mom made homemade rolls and I made the soup (about ready to collapse afterwards, still sick adn it just makes it very painful after I do things)adn everyone ate it right up we had enough leftover for my dad and mom have lunch tomorrow adn Doug and Karson which is pretty surprising that I filled my 7 qt crockpot. It was the perfect dish for a day like today! Thanks for sharing keep those great recipes coming girly!!
I can't wait to try this out. It sounds so good. Thanks for the recipe...
K, so I'm a big emotional goof today. I'm making this soup today while bawling my eyes out (and no it's not from the onions :P). I think this holiday season is gonna be hard on me. I'm an even bigger nerd because I thought it would be a great idea to do Halloween cookies today to...well, I guess I better pick myself up off the floor and do some blogging. Love and miss you!
Post a Comment