CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Recipe...Peach Cake! (A request from Jen)

This time of year is one of my most favorites! I love peaches and this is when they are in season and are the YUMMIEST! This is my most favorite peach recipe although I have yet to taste a "peach" recipe that I don't like! :)
Peach Cake:
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 eggs
3/4 C. oil
1 1/3 C. peeled, mashed peaches (about 3 or 4 peaches) (I peel them and put them in my food processor to mash them)**
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash of salt
Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Let cool. Top cake with fresh, peeled, sliced peaches and glaze (recipe follows).
Glaze:
1 C. sugar
2 tsp. flour
1/2 C. butter
2 egg yolks
2/3 C. evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
chopped pecans (opt.)
Boil until thick, stirring constantly. Let cool, then pour over fresh peaches.

**Just an FYI...I always have to buy my peaches ( I don't know anyone who grows them), so to make it so I don't have to buy as many, I have used canned peaches IN the cake, but always use fresh ones on top.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

3 comments:

Malissa Lillywhite

This one is tied with the peanut butter bars! Mine never taste as good as yours. Can you please come make me one!!!!

Doug_Jen

Yeah I am SOOO HAPPY! U am making this tomorrow, Thanks Brit I love you. But I must agree with Malissa your peanut butter bars are to die for to, well as a matter of fact I haven't tasted anything of yours I haven't liked.

Doug_Jen

This is YUMMY everyone LOVED it and Karson ate 1 1/2 pieces. So if you haven't made this yet it is a MUST. Thanks again Brit keep those great recipies started I am going to make a book adn the title is Brit's recipes lol no really I am putting them in plastic sleves and in a binder.