Yay! My blog is finally letting me post pics again!
So, this is a little of what I did last week...Between Sunday and Wednesday, I canned 48 pints of salsa and made 10 loaves of zucchini bread. This may not be a big deal to some of you, but this was my first time canning by myself, so it made me very nervous. I grew up helping my mom can all the time, so I was pretty confident in my abilities, but still nervous nonetheless. On Sunday, Cody was home, so he helped me do our first batch of salsa. Keep in mind it was just a SINGLE batch. He helped me by cutting up all the peppers, and onions and running the food processor while I blanched and peeled tomatoes. Out of that batch, we got 14 pints of salsa. We were so proud of ourselves! We got the recipe from a guy Cody works with, and it is so YUMMY! Well, our tomatoes started coming on like wildfire, so I got this brilliant idea to do a DOUBLE batch of salsa by myself on Wednesday. I was thinking, "well, the first batch was a piece of cake, and it turned out perfect, so why not do a double batch and get rid of these tomatoes?" I am now questioning any brilliant ideas before speaking them, cuz it wasn't so brilliant! It was A LOT of work! We cut up all the peppers and onions the night before to make it a little easier, so all I had to do that day was blanche, peel, and blend tomatoes and put it all together in the pot and let it cook ALL DAY. It took me 3 hours to do 2 5-gallon buckets of tomatoes! In the end, that batch gave us 34 pints and it turned out way yummy also!






4 comments:
WOW you go girl! That does lookway yummy but lots of work. You could of called adn I could of came over ot help. So your kids start on Fri? My computer was done most of the weekend so didn't get much time in.
That looks so yummy! When do I get mine? j/k Love and miss ya! Give the kids kisses from Lissa
OH MAN! SEND ME DOWN SOME OF THAT SALSA IT LOOKS SOOOO GOOD. WAY TO GO.
Britney, you should send the recipie to your salsa i would love to make some, i love love love salsa! Your awesome, it looks like a huge job!!
Post a Comment