
I'm copying my cousin Sherydon...I remember September 11, 2001 like it was yesterday. I was still married to Dan and living in our house in Layton. I got up and turned on the TV to find cartoons for Haden. He was mad because the only thing on was the news. I flipped through every channel only to find out they were all covering the same thing. I saw the 2nd tower fall and remember thinking, "Oh my gosh, all those people!" It's Jill's birthday and it was my turn to take cake in to work for her. Dan called to see if I was watching the news. I moved one of our tv's into the kitchen so I could watch while I baked Jill's peach cake. When I got to the clinic with the cake, the girls in my department were listening to the radios and had a little black and white TV they were watching trying to find out what was going on.
I just wanted to take a quick second and just say that I REMEMBER! My heart still goes out to all the families who lost loved ones that day. The radio said today that they figure over 10,000 kids lost a parent that day. It made me hug my kids a little tighter and a little longer this morning. Thanks so much to all the men and women who defend this country and our freedom. THANKYOU!

2 comments:
I woke up and my cousin adn friend were dropping their kids off at my house to have me babysit and between all of that the twins were 6 months old so I was glued to the TV when I could be. It was awful and I am so thankful I didn't lose a loved one. But I am very GRATEFUL for all of those who have lost their lives and fight for our country. THANK YOU!
I love that you say i still REMEMBER. What an amazing crazy, scary and historical day!!
Post a Comment