CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAGE!

Gage is 8 years old today! Wow! Where does the time go??? 8 is such an important birthday...he'll be getting baptized in the next couple months. I can't believe he's already old enough for such a huge step in his life.
His birthday celebrating lasted a couple days. On Friday after school, he had a "friend" birthday party at our house. Then last night we had family over for cake and ice cream. I took the day off work today and went to the school to surprise him with McDonalds for lunch. That normally wouldn't be a big deal, but they're still having sack lunches at school since the cafeteria still isn't done, so he was very happy to see me with Happy Meal in hand!
Gage is such a great kid and still my baby boy! Happy Birthday buddy!

Here's all the partiers do an art project. The theme was transformers, so I printed off a picture of Optimus Prime, mounted them on card stock and had them puff paint it. They turned out so cool! Here's how to do it:
4 Tbsp. salt
4 Tbsp. SELF RISING flour
water
food coloring
Mix the salt and flour with water until it becomes a thin paste. Divide into paper cups and add food coloring to each cup. Apply to picture using Q-tips. Microwave for 30 seconds and the paint will "PUFF" up. So fun!
Transformer Pinata time!

Gage's Party Friends!


SpiderMan Cake...We ended up with 2 different themes this year, Transformers and SpiderMan due to the fact that I couldn't find anywhere that had transformer cake kits in stock!


Sweet! Presents!

Make a wish ANNNDDDD....BLOW!

Maycie and Grandpa Bennett eating peach cake














3 comments:

Malissa Lillywhite

Sure wish we could have been there! Happy Birthday Big Boy!!!
I see your warmer. I like it a lot! Can't wait to get mine!! You're the best friend ever and best moma ever!

Doug_Jen

Happy birthday Gage! THe twins loved your party, thanks!

Natalie

WOW! I can't believe Gage is already 8. He still seems so little to me. What a cute idea for the puff paints. I will have to try it sometime...