CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 21, 2008

An update on my ticker!

I finally had the appointment for the stress echocardiogram on Tuesday, and it was actually quite frustrating. They started the appt by doing another regular echo, after which the tech said he would go get the Dr to come do the stress part and be right back. WELL, over an hour later, he finally came in the room with a Dr I had never seen before. That guy proceeded to tell me that my Dr was quite busy and he had asked this guy to fill in for him and see me. I was FURIOUS!!! So, not only did I have to wait for 6 weeks for this appt, but then I didn't even see my doctor. I did the stress part which was just walking on a treadmill for 5 minutes and then they did another echo immediately after and compared them. I also told the tech and the doctor that I had my 24 hour holter monitor done over a month ago and hadn't been able to get anyone from the office to call me back with the results. This Dr. was very understanding, looked over my chart and answered all my questions. There is a malfunction with the "electrical" part of my heart and it kindof short circuits which is what causes my heart to race. The only options for treatment is the beta blockers which I don't want to take while I'm pregnant, but he did say I could start taking them again but to hold off for as long as I can. I won't be taking them...I'm not taking the chance on having them hurt my baby. The other option is cardiac ablation, which I can't have done until after I have the baby. My symptoms are probably going to get quite a bit worse as the pregnancy progresses, and I'll just have to deal with it.
So, that's where I'm at right now. Not really "new" news, just an update. Thanks again for all the love and concern!

0 comments: