I haven't posted a recipe for awhile, so I thought I would post one you all might like to try for Thanksgiving. I just barely came across this recipe last week when I was trying to decide what to take to my nephew's mission homecoming. I hadn't ever tried it before, and I was really worried that noone would like it, but they actually turned out really good. It's a nice variation from the traditional pumpkin pie, especially if you don't like to make pie crust.
Pumpkin Pie Bars
1 1/2 C. plus 1 Tbsp. Flour, divided
1 C. finely chopped nuts ( I used walnuts, but my sister tried it and used pecans)
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
3/4 C. butter, melted
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin (2 cups)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine 1 1/2 C. Flour, nuts, sugars, and 1 tsp. of cinnamon. Add butter. Mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 1/4 C. of mixture. Pat remaining mixture on bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon, allspice and salt. Pour over crust. Mix reserved crumb mixture with remaining 1 Tbsp. flour. Sprinkle over top of pumpkin mixture. Bake 30-35 mins or until set. Cool 10 mins. before cutting into bars. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago

2 comments:
That sounds pretty easy - my kind of recipe :)
man mom thos hit the spot by the way a little secret you're one of the best cooks i know. make me some peanut butter bars with nuts and coconut shavings on them again.
Post a Comment