So, I there's a couple things I wanted to promote on my blog and see if any of you can/want to help out.........First of all, my brother-in-law is leaving for Haiti on June 12 on a medical mission. His son, Brady, is going with him so for his eagle project, they are collecting tents to take with them. The rainy season has hit Haiti and there are still so many people without shelter. If you're like us, you've purchased and outgrown so many different sizes of tents over the years and they are all still taking up space in your garage. So, if you or anyone you know has old tents you would like to send to Haiti, PLEASE let me know. I would be glad to come pick them up and get them to Kelly.
Second, there is a doctor from the clinic where I work going to Haiti in July. One of the nurses has started a service project to make flannel diapers and send with him. She has started a blog with instructions on how to make the diapers and they are very easy. So for more info on that, check out www.sewinghaitidiapers.blogspot.com . She is also taking donations to purchase flannel if that works better for you.
Third, and this is probably the closest to my heart, and that is my friend Jordan and her husband who is battling cancer. She is making and selling hair bows to try and raise money to pay for his treatments. And now I am making bows to give her to sell also. She is going to have a booth in Syracuse Heritage Days at the end of June so please go check it out, or her blog is www.flowerbows.blogspot.com . We are in the process of making 4th of July bows are they are the cutest things ever!
I would love to hear from any of you if you have any desire to help with any of these projects!
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago

2 comments:
Hey I want some hair bows...but, I have to go to cub scout day camp the day of Syracuse days. Do you have any bows at your house? Are some bigger than others. I like bigger ones for Cori's hair. And I would love 4th of July ones. And as I shop for school clothes I'll watch colors too.
Liza, I do have a few at my house so you're welcome to stop by anytime and look or I can even bring some to you. I would love to make some for you so even if you have certain colors you want, I can just go get fabric to match what you need. And I can do any size you want. I have made a few 4th of July ones that are bigger than the normal ones so I will make sure I keep a couple for you to look at.
Post a Comment