I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I am usually really good about sending out Christmas cards, but this year I didn't, so I was going to copy AnnJillene and send a newsletter telling what we are all up to, but that probably won't happen either. So, I decided to just wish you all a Happy 2009 on here.
We spent New Year's Eve with our kids. We left the house at 4:00 p.m. in hopes of having a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Bountiful because that's where my sister and niece work. We got there at 4:25 only to find out there was already a 2 hour wait!!! Needless to say, we DID NOT wait, and I was way bummed cuz I was having a craving, but waiting for 2 hours to eat with 3 kids is not an option for us. So, we ended up at El Matador and got right in. After dinner, we went home and played the wii for the rest of the night. I found out that I my favorite game is MarioKart even though I suck at it, but I did awesome at bowling. The boys and Cody rotated between Cabela's Big Game Hunter and PBR bull riding. We turned off the wii at 11:30 and turned on Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve so we could watch the ball drop. Amazingly, we all made it until midnight (except Maycie)! It was a very fun and relaxing night!
I've been thinking a lot lately about New Year's resolutions. I've set one almost every year, and almost every year, I end up being very disappointed in myself because I either didn't accomplish my goal or didn't do it up to my expectations, especially when it involved weight loss. This year, I'm not making a resolution. I've come up with some things that I want to do or be better at, but that's it. If you're someone who makes New Year's resolutions, I wish you luck and I hope that this is YOUR year and you accomplish all you hope to. As for me, I just want to become a little better at a few things, and I know that by taking baby steps instead of gigantic ones, I can accomplish my goal.
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago

3 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a good New Year's, the boys told me they had a ton of fun. And, I was jealous they got to go to El Matador!! I love that place. I hope 2009 is wonderful for you guys.
I saw this saying and it reminded me of you:
Friends are like stars ... you can't always see them, but you know they're always there.
I hope all is going good for you. Love and miss you!!!
Britney, i have been a huge slacker when in comes to checking blogs and stuff. I got on to get caught up with you and your family and saw that your expecting!! That is so exciting!! Congrats!! I think i know 2 other people who are due the 24th of July, so thats fun!! I look back at 13 weeks and how sick i was, i hope your feeling well!!
Post a Comment