CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just want to brag a little...

So today I got an email from Dan (my boys dad). He had sent me a copy of a conversation he had with his wife over instant messenger. Heidi had a stroke in July and has been very sick off and on since then. This week has been pretty rough. She told him that my Haden had brought her to her knees crying today. Dan said "ut oh". She proceeded to tell him that Haden has been doing laundry for her all day (which exceeded 7 loads), and wanted to do more. Haden told her that he would do whatever she needed him to do so that she could rest. She just wanted to tell Dan that Haden is such an amazing kid. Haden has such a big heart and is always willing to do anything anyone asks of him.
I was sitting at my desk at work reading the email and bawling because I ABSOLUTELY know that Haden is the best kid ever, but I also know that I do not tell him that often enough and don't give him the credit he deserves for all the help he gives me with Gage and Maycie. He has been through a lot in the last 6 years and I think I've expected him to "grow up" and act older than he really is. I am so proud of him for the boy that he is and am so sad that he's growing up so fast. We had a conversation today about wearing a "cup" for football for heaven's sake! I am getting so old!
I just want to tell both my boys, but especially Haden that I love him so much! I am so proud of him for seeing that his stepmom needed some help and being willing to give up his Xbox and PSP time to relieve some of her stress. The BEST boys ever, for sure!!!!

3 comments:

Doug_Jen

Hayden is the best kid ever i wish Kori would be more willing to help like him. You should be a proud mom adn I don't think you are bragging at all. It is easier not to notice the good just when they need a little guidance to do something I think most everyone needs improvement on praising the ones we love.

Tad and Liza

You should be so proud of Haden. Just a couple of weeks ago, he told me he would watch out for Kamden on the school bus. And I know he will, and I trust him. He is such a good kid. You did something right with him.

JACKIE FLAHERTY

How sweet. Your little Haden is very sweet, at the reunion he was so cute with Kenzie and very patient while she was trying to get on the waterslide. It's hard when you wake up one day and realize your little boy is turning into a wonderful little man.